January 10, 2011

Happiness wrapped in a little belt

I love shopping. All kinds of shopping. Except groceries. I loathe grocery shopping. But it's not so bad if you can do it online and have them deliver it--for free.

Well thanks to the blog world, my shopping has gone to the next level. I no longer rely on brick and mortar stores and retail websites alone--Nay!!! Bloggers blog about delightful things. Things that some people would never be aware of--unless they stumbled on a blog.

I'd give a shout out to the blog I found this belt on, but I forgot. I stumbled across a link to Anthropologie's store for a sweet little brown turtle belt. I fell head over heels in love immediately. Do I believe in love at first sight? Uhm yeah!!! Ask my Pookie!! And my belt.






So I try to buy the belt online, but alas, they are sold out. So I cross my fingers and go to the closest Anthro store and say a tiny prayer and boo...they don't have it. However, they get me in touch with the Portland store and they did!!! Take my debit card number--please!!

I didn't even ask the price. :| I knew it was on sale-- and that's all that mattered. Well. It was on sale alright, with an extra 25% off!! Joy joy joy!!!!





So I wait. And wait. And wait. No belt. Aaahhhh!! What is taking my precious little belt so long to get here?!

It got stuck at the UPS store in San Jose because the gal tried to ship it to my PO box. :-/

So, after a quick trip downtown, I rescued my sweetheart little belt and couldn't wait to try it on. And it is everything I had hoped for. And it was worth the wait. And I will try to wear it every single day, I am sure.




5 comments:

Jlangfordrn said...

Your blog is fantastic! And the turtle belts is adorable Amber-ish!!

Tiffany said...

This is a great start for a fashion blog. :0)

Anonymous said...

It is 100% you! Oh, how I remember. :)

Much Love,

Who, who !

Deanna said...

Oh I LOVE it!!

Alesha said...

Good to see you are still the same turtle-lovin Am I rode 110 mph in a car with once upon a time! Love & miss you! Enjoying your cute quirky blog.